Friday, November 19, 2010

Gratitude

Lately, everything seems to be flowing.

Gracie has been exceptional in communicating her feelings in a way that is NON-dramatic and effective. Cole has been making us all laugh on a daily basis and finally is really able to laugh at himself; he is not taking everything so seriously.
Bryan has regularly been coming up here to see us all and has done what he says; when he says he will be here at a certain time, he actually HAS been here at that time.
Onyx (despite the fact that she is nearly 14 yrs. old) is really hanging in there. Sometimes you can see her slower pace but in so many ways she still acts like a puppy with her hyperactivity and loveable self.
Brownie just wanders outside but is always only wandering in the backyard waiting for us to show our face so he can come press up against us. Even though he is going to snub us the minute we pay attention.
Robert has lightened his load and is really living in the moment and being present with all of us. He is loving me minute by minute.
I am being more patient and not jumping at the moment that something doesn't go the way I think it should.
These are all things that have happened on a weekly basis and have reminded me on a daily basis WHY I am grateful and that my family is the absolute BEST. I am not taking any of it for granted. (see SIDE NOTE below).

Love the ones you hold closest. Enjoy those seconds, minutes, hours and if you're lucky days, weeks, months and years you have with them. Put down your technological device and stare at her or him. Kiss them, tell them WHY you love them, why you appreciate them, and remember that moment you are in. Who do you love everyday and why?


Side note: Today at my DR. appt., I was relieved, but not surprised, that I am still as healthy as ever and was advised to "keep living my current healthy lifestyle." Another reason to be grateful.

No comments: