Monday, November 29, 2010

December

The month of magic! Lights, music, decorating, holiday outings, bundling up w/ scarves, hats and mittens. The brisk chill just "feels" WINTER! I love it. But I wish it wasn't also the month I turned another year older. I always have to associate the excitement of everything that happens in December with my birthday. I guess I am used to it, however it's not always fun to share my birthday with the month that Jesus was also born. He gets all the glory- I don't. I get Birthday presents wrapped in Christmas wrapping, I get excuses on why people can't get together for my bday because they have Christmas parties to attend or Christmas shopping to do, I get a quick glance and then moving on!! But the one perk I have always delighted in is that I DO get to have my birthday at a magical time, nonetheless! Hustle and Bustle, hustle and bustle! :)

No comments: