Saturday, November 20, 2010

Fighting for Rituals.

Even though both Gracie and Cole are in school, I still feel like I'm not "all the way there." Cole only goes for a half a day and he is home by 12:30. I feel like I am slowly hanging on with only 1 finger and grabbing his finger and grasping for that little short while left of having my baby (or any kids) at home any longer during the day. It's slowly widdling down to the end. Soon they will both be at school all day and then I can accomplish many things that I have wanted to for the last (by then it will be 10 yrs.)!! BUT I will still wish they were home with me. Our routine everyday is picking up Cole and he comes home and eats lunch and we still have some 1 on 1 time together. It still feels like I have a "little one." It's a ritual- it is what I have had for years. Always a little one by my side. To say the least, I will feel sad when it is no longer that way. Even now, I wish for their vacations- because then I have them all to myself. I love their random days off. I even love their EVERY WEEK modified Wednesdays because then I know I get them at 1pm and we have the whole rest of the day together. We do "movie wednesdays" at home where we relax on "hump day" and cuddle together. I'm going to fight for these alone times with them, even when they are teenagers. I'm going to fight for my rituals.

No comments: