Friday, May 22, 2009

Kitty cats & broken down cars

Saturday the kids and I are driving down the road enjoying our tunes (even though we had a 10 week old kitten in the crate meowing his head off!) You know it was bad when the kids are telling the cat to be quiet. But Brownie didn't listen, he just kept meowing. We had taken him for his 1st series of shots and we were now on our way home. We had about 15 more minutes until we got home when my 1998 Honda CRV with almost 200,000 miles on it suddenly raised the temperature gage to H and no I don't mean almost to H- I mean all the way to H in the red zone. Let me add that my car has been awesome- no real major problems over the last 9 years. With it being a Honda I really just thought it could keep going on for quite a bit longer.

I immediately pulled over and stopped the car and called Robert. As God was watching over us (the kids were scared) Robert happened to only be 5 minutes away from us. Cole looked at me from the back seat with wide eyes and said, "see mom- daddy IS Superman." He wasn't scared one bit. It was completely adorable. We got the car to the gas station and quickly realized that the radiator had popped. Once Robert put that in, we found another, bigger problem- oil and water are mixing= NOT GOOD. Blown head gasket? engine broke? what could it be? Not GOOD- again. So now we are playing musical cars trying to figure out what our next move is. We certainly weren't prepared for a car payment now, since like I said, we thought my great Honda would go awhile longer. Never ahead of the game, only playing catch up...always it seems. And by the way, the kitty cat is still meowing.

1 comment:

JKS said...

Don't you love when life throws you for a loop? We had a CRV and i LOVED It. Out of all the cars I have driven and owned I think it was my favorite. It was the older model with the table in the back. I beat the crap out of it but it was sturdy for sure. Sorry that yours is on it's last legs. Have fun with your kitty. Brennan has been dying for one for a while now.I think we will wait until we are back and Gabe is a little older. I think at 18 months he would be a little too, ahem, loving to the poor little cat. Keep up the blogging- I love to hear what is going on!