Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Gracie and Soccer







Gracie just doesn't seem to be into her soccer game much this season. In my opinion, I don't think she wants to work too hard. I think it is so important for her to learn the efforts of a "Team." She gets better and better every time she plays, however she can't seem to make that last kick into the Goal and I think that's discouraging to her. We watch her play and the 3 of us shout her name and encourage her the entire game. You can tell she thrives on that because she gets a big grin across her face when she hears us.

I have always known that about Gracie. She desires, needs, craves the approval of her Mom and Dad. Maybe it's because ever since she was born we have complimented her, encouraged her, praised her and loved her up one side from the other. So when she is hearing us call her name and root her on during the game- suddenly her kicks are harder, her running is faster and she gets aggressive and goes after that ball with a BIG smile on her face.

Here are some pics that my friend Amy shot. I love her camera and the action pics she can get with it. I need a new camera!




1 comment:

Sarah Markley said...

i love the picture of her running through the "hand tunnel"!

(i'm emailing you in a few min too)