Sunday, August 12, 2007

1 week until Gracie starts 1st grade!

I am having a difficult time with Gracie starting 1st grade. I know it is because it is ALL day and this means the beginning of a whole new life for us all. We are so used to her being with us the majority of the time. Now she will come home at nearly 3:30 everyday, begin her homework and then there is dinner. Then we have baths, reading and on to bed. And before I know it, where has the time gone...and I have barely seen Gracie?? It really makes me cry. I hope I am expressing this as deeply as I feel, but I am not ready for her to move on to this phase. I know she is so excited but I don't even know if she understands that this is a big transition in her life, not to mention her parent's lives....I also know there is nothing I can do to stop it, except for Home Schooling, but I know home schooling is not for us. Any advice on how to come to terms with this just a little easier...??? I am trying not to go to bed too sad. This has hit me hard today --It is only 1 week away.

No comments: