Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Gracie's 8th Birthday



I could hardly believe it as I woke up on this day. :( I remember when Gracie was a newborn and people would tell me, "enjoy it now- the time goes by so fast." I used to think, "how can that be?" Especially when I was up at night nursing her or those times she was screaming her head off and I didn't know why. I used to think, "this will be an eternity- there is no way this can go by that fast." THEY were right. I will forever remember how someone once put it: " The days will go by slow, but the years will fly by." This has never left my head and has proven to be dead on.

She is 8 (Halfway to 16!- yikes.) It has flown by and there is not a thing I can do about it. NOT ONE THING.

We decided to have her birthday party on her actual day right after school. Gracie invited 8 kids, hence her age. Plus, a couple of little brothers tagged along. :)

Meghan, Payton, Madison, Abbey, Noel, Christian, Caitlin, and Megan arrived and the party began right outside in our pool.



Gracie was so happy celebrating with all of her friends and the day was plenty hot- well over 100 degrees. That is lovely Temecula for you. We made hot dogs and had chips and I made cupcakes for the occasion.




I can just continue to treasure every day with her and foster our relationship so that no matter what her age is, she still comes to me and appreciates me as her parent and trusts me to guide her in the right direction. I love my girl. She is growing into a kind-hearted, sweet, smart and sensitive girl. We are very proud.

No comments: