Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Sometimes I get sad.


I know Gracie and Cole need to grow up. That is part of life. Our job is to give them good solid roots and then they will grow their wings and leave. Our hope is that they grow up strong and want to be close to us and not go too far away. Today as I dropped Gracie off at school and she walks all be herself, as a big girl should, I drive off looking in the rear view mirror at her, and everyday Cole and I drive away saying, "bye Gracie, we love you, we'll miss you today, have fun." But when I am looking through that rear view mirror, it is such a bittersweet feeling I have inside. She is my baby.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Know that feeling all too well. Just enjoy every day and treasure the wonderful memories. They will always be in your heart and prayers, no matter where they are. Wish you and your family were not so far away, however, as long as you are happy..that is the important thing and makes me happy too. Love alwalys, Gram

Julie AMC Fan said...

I guess you know how I feel now having my little girl so far away. But that's life and I understand. You are always in my heart and thoughts each day of my life.
Love, Mom