Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Such Innocents

"Mommy, are we flying through Heaven?" This is what Gracie asked me when we are a plane recently. It was the cutest phrase I had heard in a long time. My kids come up with the cutest things to say, and the best part? They are serious and very interested. They are inquisitive. They REALLY want to know. Sometimes I am stumped. I don't know what to say or how to respond. So sometimes I pause or don't even answer. I have to think it out. Luckily, they don't pursue me too much. It could be hours later that I come back with an answer or, shamefully, I may not come back with one at all.

I did have an answer for this one. "yes, honey we are. Because that is what Heaven is. A place high up where no one can get us, nothing can happen to us and it is SO, SO beautiful." That seemed to work and I saw her little mind go to work and think about this one. I knew she was trying to picture this in her head.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Precious little Grace, you look just beautiful with your hair down!
It was wonderful having you, your Mom and Cole here for awhile. We miss you, GG and Honey